You can use different ways to customize the lock screen on Huawei P20/P10/P9/P8/Honor 10/9/8/7/Mate 10/9/8/Y9/Y5/Y3 so as to suit your preference. It is always advisable to customize the lock screen and make it more usable because it is first thing you come across when you power on your smartphone. Adding different icons and widgets to the lock screen helps with the customization. You can also opt to change the wallpaper of the lock screen on Huawei P20/P10/P9/P8/Honor 10/9/8/7/Mate 10/9/8/Y9/Y5/Y3.
From the settings menu, you can access the Lock Screen feature. Several features are available on the Lock Screen of Huawei P20/P10/P9/P8/Honor 10/9/8/7/Mate 10/9/8/Y9/Y5/Y3. Some of the features are as follows:
- A dual clock: if you are travelling, you will find this feature quite handy. It will show you both the home as well as the current time zones.
- The clock size feature: this is another feature you will come across which lets you clearly see the time by adjusting the size of the clock.
- The Show the Date feature: keep this feature turned on if you want the date shown on the lock screen
- The camera shortcut: if you want to instantly unlock the lock screen by entering the camera mode, make sure this feature is included in the lock screen
- The owner info: the owner information feature allow you to include details such as Twitter handles for the phone owner to the lock screen
- Unlock effect feature: the unlock effect feature can be used to change the general feel and appearance of the lock screen and animation. The highly preferred unlock effect is the watercolor.
- Additional Info: you can use this feature to add weather as well as the pedometer to your lock screen.
Changing the lock screen on Huawei P20/P10/P9/P8/Honor 10/9/8/7/Mate 10/9/8/Y9/Y5/Y3
The process of changing the lock screen on the Huawei P20/P10/P9/P8/Honor 10/9/8/7/Mate 10/9/8/Y9/Y5/Y3 is similar to that on the Huawei P8. Simple press and hold an empty space on the Homescreen the edit mode will be brought up and from here you can add several widgets, you can also change the lock screen wallpaper as well as the home screen settings. To change the wallpaper, click on wallpaper and go to lock screen.
The Huawei P20/P10/P9/P8/Honor 10/9/8/7/Mate 10/9/8/Y9/Y5/Y3 is has wallpaper set for the lock screen by default. If you would like to choose a different image other than the default ones, click on More Images, and choose any image to set as your lock screen wallpaper. Hit the Set Wallpaper button to complete the process.