Samsung Galaxy S8 and Samsung Galaxy S8+ Plus come with plenty of features that help you better handle your contacts. Whether you have created fast-dial shortcuts or added some of your dearest contacts on a Favorite list, sooner or later, you will find yourself browsing through the overwhelming agenda with tens or hundreds of different entries.
When you do that, you might want to know how to sort your contacts by their last name, so you can get where you need, faster and easier. With friends and relatives saved by their nicknames, it may not be too useful. But if you’re using your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Samsung Galaxy S8+ Plus specifically for business purposes, you’ll find this option quite handy.
In order to sort your Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ Plus contacts by the last name…
- Navigate to the main menu of the device;
- Select the Contacts option;
- In the overview section from the top, select the MORE option;
- Tap on Settings;
- From the new list of options that will open, select the one labeled as Sort by;
- You will see that the Sort by option is set to “first name”, by default, but you can now set it to “last name”.
Leave the menus when you’ve finished tweaking this simple setting. Back to your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Samsung Galaxy S8+ Plus agenda, all the contacts will now be displayed by their last names – or, at least, by whatever you have typed under their name at the last name field.