If you have just bought the Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus and you are curious how you can use Private Notifications that appear on the Preview Messages on your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus. The development of Preview Messages option was made so that users can view messages quickly without need to have their device unlocked.
It is suggested that some users have said the Preview Messages on their Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8 notification bar and lock screen occasionally can be having problem when Private Notifications show causing some frustration.
If you do not wish to see the private notifications, you can turn the Preview feature off on your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus device. The guide below is for learning how you can turn Preview Messages on an off on your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus notification bar and lock screen.
Enabling or Disabling Message Preview on the Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus.
- Make sure your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus is turned on.
- Navigate to the Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus menu and choose the Settings.
- Look for the Applications and choose Messages.
- Choose the Notifications.
- Browse for the Preview Message section.
- You will see 2 boxes, one saying “Status Bar” and the other saying “Lock Screen”.
- Have the boxes that you do not want Preview Message to appear for unchecked.
Once the box of your choosing has been unchecked to not show up on status bar and lock screen for Preview Messages, you just need to recheck all the boxes and turn the feature back on.
The most important reason why you would like to turn the Preview Messages option on for your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus is to keep your notifications and messages private or you get a lot of messages that are private and you do not want people to see those messages.