If you have recently purchased the new Google Pixel or it upgraded version the Pixel XL, you may be interested in finding out how to set a music file as a ringtone on the device. You may be interested in setting a specific tune for a certain contact, or assigning a particular noise to your alarm or other notifications. Here we explain step by step how to make this happen on your Pixel or Pixel XL.
These are the steps to change contact ringtones. Follow them one at a time to set an audio file as your contacts individual ringtone.
- Switch on your Pixel or Pixel XL.
- Select the Dialer app.
- Select the contact you want to add a ringtone to.
- Tap the pen-shaped icon to bring up the contact options.
- Then press the “Ringtone” option.
- A window will appear with your audio files listed.
- Chose the song you want and tap it.
- You can select “Add” to search for a file within your storage.
These steps will help you change the notification ringtone for one contact on your Pixel or Pixel XL. The default ringtone for all other calls will still be active. You can repeat this for multiple contacts to have a custom ringtone for each of them. The advantages of such a feature include, personalizing your device, having an idea of who is calling before looking at the screen and being able to identify specific alarms or notifications immediately.