Is your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Samsung Galaxy S8+ Plus lock screen empty and dull right now? Would you like to give it a bit more personality? Well, the bad news is that you have a couple of limited options on how to personalize it. The good news, however, is that you might find all those options more than enough, to begin with.
Long story short, your options sum up to adding some icons and widgets, from a series of predefined features, and changing the wallpaper of the lock screen. Let’s have a look at all these icons and widgets that you can move straight to the lock screen of your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Samsung Galaxy S8+ Plus and determine what can you do about it.
The top 7 options of your Galaxy S8 lock screen:
- Dual Clock – when traveling, it will display both the home and the current time zones;
- Clock Size – whenever you need, you can adjust the size of the clock, making it smaller or bigger, more or less visible;
- Show the Date – you can see the current date all the time, displayed on the lock screen;
- Camera shortcut – you can unlock and open the camera app from the lock screen, with one simple swipe;
- Owner information – you can add some details that you find relevant, like your Twitter handles, contact details or anything else;
- Unlock effect – you make a change in the overall feel and look of the screen when unlocking the device – it’s all about the animation effects;
- Additional info – you can choose to add the info collected by your pedometer app or the weather status right on the lock screen.
If you also want to change the wallpaper:
- Go to the Home screen of the device, just like you would do on a Galaxy S6;
- When the Edit mode launches on the screen, look at the options displayed at the bottom;
- Select the Wallpaper option with a simple tap;
- From there, tap on Lock Screen;
- You will see a list of wallpaper options, preinstalled on the device;
- If you don’t like any of them, use the More Images option to browse on your phone and select a picture from your Gallery app;
- Finally, tap on Set Wallpaper.
That’s how you redesign the lock screen of your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Samsung Galaxy S8+ Plus. Pretty easy, right?