If you are looking to customize the lock screen on your Pixel or the Pixel Xl, you will be happy to know that there are many ways through which you can do this. Because you are likely to come across the lock screen as the first detail on your Google Pixel and the Pixel XL as well, it would be a good idea to add some icons and widgets to it. This will enhance the usability of the Pixel or the Pixel XL. The wallpaper of the lock screen can also be changed on your Pixel as well as the Pixel XL.
From the Settings sections, you can browse to locate the Lock screen. This will bring up a list of various features which you can incorporate into the lock screen of your Pixel or the Pixel XL. Among these includes;
- Dual Clock – The dual clock shows the home as well as the current times zones which is essential especially if you are travelling.
- The clock Size – The size of the clock will enhance the visibility of the clock which will make it either small or big.
- Show the Date – This is quite self-explanatory. Simply check this option if you would like to make the date visible.
- Camera Shortcut – The shortcut to the camera will make it simple and quicker to access the camera on your Google Pixel and the Pixel XL.
- Owner Information – This widget usually allows users of the Google Pixel and the Pixel Xl to add accounts such as Twitter Handles and any other information to the lock screen of your device.
- Unlock Effect – The unlock effect changes the look of your lock screen entirely providing a feel of animation as well as unlock effect. The watercolor is the popularly thought of unlock effect.
- Additional Info – this widget enables users to remove or even add a pedometer and the weather information to the lock screen.
Changing the lock screen wallpaper on the Pixel or Pixel XL
Changing the Pixel S6 or the Pixel XL S6 wallpaper is as similar as changing the wallpaper on the Pixel and the Pixel XL. The only thing you’ve got to do is press and hold any space that is empty anywhere on the home screen. The edit mode will show up and from here you can add other widgets. You also change the Homescreen settings as well as choose a different wallpaper. Click on Wallpaper and then proceed by clicking on Lock screen.
The Google Pixel and the Google Pixel Xl has a number of wallpapers you can choose for the lock screen. You can also go to the option for More images and then choose any other image from the images you took on your Pixel and the Pixel XL. Click on Set Wallpaper button to make that particular image the lock screen wallpaper.