Some people obsess about keeping their smartphones free of any unnecessary data. And from closing all the apps running in the background to deleting the internet browsing history, they have very clear rules when it comes to their OnePlus 5. Others have this fear that someone might take a peek and see what they have searched for…
For all these reasons and many others, OnePlus 5 owners want to know how to delete the internet browser history. And that’s what we will explain you in today’s article.
If you use the OnePlus 5 Chrome browser…
- Launch the app;
- Navigate to its general menu – from the upper-right corner, the three-dot icon;
- Select the History entry;
- Select Clear Browsing Data;
- Select the types of data you want to remove;
- Hit the Clear History button.
If you use a general OnePlus 5 Android browser…
- Launch that internet browser;
- Hit the three-dot icon from the upper-right corner;
- Identify the Privacy option, under Settings, and tap it;
- In there, select Delete Personal Data;
- Choose your preferred action – clear the history, the cookies, the cache, the password information etc;
- Wait for it to remove all the selected data.
As you can see, when it comes to getting rid of the internet browsing history on your OnePlus 5 smartphone, the process is quite straightforward and simple. If you’ve paid attention to the differences between our two options from above, you might have noticed the benefits brought by the Chrome app. When you’re using this one, you can also remove individual entries from your history.
With this extra flexibility, you can get rid of the more sensitive information, making sure that the people who do check your browsing history won’t suspect you from deliberately deleting all your tracks. Of course, this doesn’t have to dictate that you use the Chrome browser alone, feel free to work with whatever app you are more comfortable.