Some users see a factory reset as a last resort, while others tend to perform a factory reset whenever they run into a little trouble with their Huawei P10 and P10 Plus phone. One thing is for sure — with a factory reset, your phone is reset to the same state it was in when you bought it.
How to Factory Reset Huawei P10 and P10 Plus
On your Huawei P10 and P10 Plus phone, open Settings. Under “User and Backup”, select “Backup and Reset” then select “Factory data reset.” Once everything is backed up, select “Reset Device.” Select “Delete all”, then allow the phone to delete all data, shut down, then reboot.
How to Factory Reset Huawei P10 and P10 Plus with Hardware Keys
If the touchscreen is frozen up and won’t respond, you forgot your access code, or you can’t access the proper menu, you can perform a factory reset on the Huawei P10 and P10 Plus phone using its physical buttons.
- Power down the Huawei P10 and P10 Plus phone.
- Press and hold the “Volume Up” button, the “Home” button, and the “Power” button at the same time until you see the Android icon.
- Using the “Volume Down” select “Wipe data/Factory reset” option and press the “Power” button to confirm.
- Using the “Volume Down” highlight “Yes – delete all user data” and press “Power” to confirm.
- When the Huawei P10 and P10 Plus restarts, it will be ready to set up like when it was new.