Having any issues with your LG G6 and need to perform a factory reset? This guide will help you to reset your device safely.
A soft reset is a great option for restarting your LG G6 when it’s not responding or performing slowly. Unlike a hard reset, soft resets do not wipe any data from your phone.
- To soft reset, hold the “Power” button on your LG G6 for 10 seconds. The device will shut down automatically.
Once the LG G6 has been switched off, you can switch the LG G6 back on by holding the “Power” button down again, this time for 3 seconds.
Hard Reset Option 1
A hard reset is a method to resetting your LG G6 and bringing it back to it’s factory default settings. This method of resetting will erase all of your data. It’s useful for fixing boot loops or for when you need to sell your phone to somebody else.
- Check your LG G6 is turned on, then visit the “Settings” app, go to “Backup & Reset” and then look for “Factory data reset.” Next tap “Reset phone,” then “Delete all” and then press OK when prompted.
Hard Reset Option 2
- If the device won’t power on, use this method instead. Hold down the “Power button” and the “Volume Down button” Eventually the “system recovery” menu will appear. Use the volume up/down buttons to move through the menu, and highlight the “Factory data reset“ option.
- Press “Power” to select the highlighted option.
- Use the volume buttons to move to the option for “Yes“.
- Use “Power” to make the highlighted selection. Your LG G6 should now hard reset itself back to factory defaults.