You may have recently purchased the LG G6 or LG G7 and you are curious to know how you can find your IMEI. The IMEI for LG G6/LG G7 is something that lets your smartphone be verified correctly. It is recommended for you to record your IMEI number, as it is 15 digits so it can easily be forgotten. Just in case your LG G6 or LG G7 is stolen, you will be able to prove that it is yours because of the unique IMEI number.
The International Mobile Station Equipment Identity, or IMEI for short is something that every device has that allows it to be identified. GSM network use the IMEI number to verify that the LG G6/LG G7 is not blacklisted or stolen and is actually valid.
You will be able to use the LG G6 and LG G7 with no concern if you run a number check for the IMEI for Sprint, AT&T, T-Mobile, or Verizon. You will be able to locate your IMEI number for the LG G6/LG G7 using these three methods.
Your LG G6/LG G7 will show your unique IMEI number. Follow the steps below to find it:
- You must first have the LG turned on.
- Navigate the phone settings from the home screen.
- Click the “Device Information” and choose the “Status” option.
- The information that you need will show up on the LG screen.
- Find the specific entry that show the IMEI serial number and you will be able to record the number from there.
Show IMEI via service code
You can use the alternative method in discovering the IMEI number on LG G6/LG G7 by finding the service code. Follow the steps below in order to find the IMEI number:
- Make sure your LG is turned on.
- Navigate to the Phone app.
- Type *#06# in the dialer keypad
Another method of find your IMEI number is simply taking a loot at your LG G6 or LG G7 box that came with it which will show your specific IMEI number on the back of the box.