The Huawei P10 and P10 Plus has been regarded as one of the best 2016 smartphones. On this device, one of the issues that users are contending with are is the problem with the Wi-Fi application. The Wi-Fi seems not to be working properly on this device, but not for all the Huawei P10 and P10 Plus gadgets.
Among the Wi-Fi issues reported include failure of comes to show or failure of images to load when you are using social media apps such as Twitter, Snapchat, Facebook, Instagram or WhatsApp. In other instances, some users have reported that when using Google Now, the screens freezes when the Google Now is Recognizing and resumes later on with an error reading “Can’t reach Google at the moment.”
A weak signal seems to be the main cause for a slow Wi-Fi connection. However, in rare cases, you might have a strong signal but your Wi-Fi connection is still slow. This can be a frustrating situation which we shall help to fix. Below are some of the suggested ways of fixing the Wi-Fi issues on your Huawei P10 and P10 Plus smartphone.
Fixing slow Wi-Fi issues on Huawei P10 and P10 Plus
- Perform a Factory Reset on your Huawei P10 and P10 Plus
- Forget the Wi-Fi network you are connected to and try to reconnect
- Reset the router or modern you are using.
- Switch form to Static Connection from DCHP on your smartphone
- Change the Bandwidth Settings for your router
- Try to adjust the router or modem’s security settings or simply disable the security for the modem or router
- Alternatively call your ISP and upgrade to a higher speed or bandwidth
The options provided above should help you fix a generally slow Wi-Fi connection on your Huawei P10 and P10 Plus. In case the issue persists, perform a wipe cache partition procedure. You will be happy to know that wiping the cache partition will not interfere with your data. Use the Android Recovery Mode to wipe the cache partition. This guide on how to clear Huawei P10 and P10 Plus phone cache will help you through it.
Steps for fixing a slow Wi-Fi on the Huawei P10 and P10 Plus
- Turn off your Huawei P10 and P10 Plus
- Simultaneously press the power off, volume up buttons and the home key
- The Huawei P10 and P10 Plus should vibrate once after a few seconds to signify that the Recovery Mode has been launched
- Locate the Wipe Cache Partition option and launch it
- The process of wiping cache partition will take a few seconds to complete after which you can use Reboot System Now option to restart your Huawei P10 and P10 Plus.