Forgetting the passcode of Huawei P20/P10/P9/P8/Honor 10/9/8/7/Mate 10/9/8/Y9/Y5/Y3 is not such an uncommon thing. Since many readers ask us what can you do when you get locked out from your smartphone, we decided to put together an explicit guide with a couple of alternatives. The web is full of different solutions on how to reset password on Huawei P20/P10/P9/P8/Honor 10/9/8/7/Mate 10/9/8/Y9/Y5/Y3 when locked out by completing a hard factory reset. For those who don’t mind doing a reset, we have two different factory reset options. For all the others, however, we’ve prepared the Android Device Manager alternative. Let’s see what is all about.
Want to reset the password with a factory reset?
First of all, it is important to know that factory reset means erasing absolutely everything from your phone. What you get from the factory is what you’ll find on your Huawei after you complete the steps from below. This doesn’t mean that you will lose all your data, only that you must take some extra time to create a backup before starting to delete everything. When you’re done, you should easily restore that backup and get all your photos, videos and other files back in place.
Long story short, here is the first one from the three methods that we promised you on how to reset password on Huawei P20/P10/P9/P8/Honor 10/9/8/7/Mate 10/9/8/Y9/Y5/Y3 when locked out.
- Turn off the smartphone;
- Simultaneously press and hold the following hard keys – Volume Up, Home, Power;
- When you see the Android icon on the display, you can release the buttons;
- Use the Volume Down button and select the Wipe Data / Factory Reset option;
- With the Power button initiate the reset;
- Confirm it by highlighting the “Yes – delete all user data” option with the Volume Down button;
- Initiate the process by tapping on the Power button;
- When the factory reset finishes, highlight the restart option with the Volume Down button;
- Initiate the reset with the Power button.
When it finishes, you will get back to the normal functioning mode and you will be asked to configure your Huawei just like you did the first time when you bought it.
The second method on how to reset password on Huawei P20/P10/P9/P8/Honor 10/9/8/7/Mate 10/9/8/Y9/Y5/Y3 when locked out is, again, about a factory reset. This one will also require you to do a backup before anything else. When you’ve prevented all your important data from being lost, use this alternative method on how to factory reset Huawei.
Want to reset the password with the Android Device Manager?
This third method has the tremendous advantage of not erasing all the data stored on your smartphone. The only downside, however, is that you will only be able to use it if you have previously registered your Huawei with the Android Device Manager. If it’s the first time you hear about it, chances are this isn’t what you need.
Now the Android Device Manager comes with a special Lock feature. If you activate it, you will be able to reset the forgotten Huawei P20/P10/P9/P8/Honor 10/9/8/7/Mate 10/9/8/Y9/Y5/Y3 password, thus giving you access without having to delete anything:
- Use a computer to access the Android Device Manager page;
- Log in and identify your Huawei ;
- Enable the feature labeled as Lock & Erase;
- Follow the steps on that page to lock your phone;
- Set and enter a temporary password;
- Access your smartphone with it and create a new password.
If you have any other questions on how to reset password on Huawei P20/P10/P9/P8/Honor 10/9/8/7/Mate 10/9/8/Y9/Y5/Y3 when locked out, relating to the methods above described or to any other method, don’t hesitate to message us.