Split Screen View and Multi Window Mode go hand in hand and are some of the most appreciated features on Huawei P20/P10/P9/P8/Honor 10/9/8/7/Mate 10/9/8/Y9/Y5/Y3. If you are interested in learning how to split your screen and be able to use and see two apps at the same time, you will first have to learn how to enable these features.
It’s a simple task of adjusting one setting. After that, you should be able to play around with your apps however you want, provided that those apps support the Split Screen View because not all of them do.
Long story short, you need to get to the Multi Window menu:
- Turn on the device;
- Swipe down the Notification shade;
- Tap on Settings;
- Tap on Device;
- Select Multi Window;
- Tap on the toggle from the top right corner and switch it to On;
- If you want to set the Multi Window mode as default, check the box next to the “Open in multi-window view” option;
- Check if the half circle symbol showed up on the screen – this is the sign that this setting is officially enabled and you can start using apps in the Split Screen mode;
- Leave the menus and turn back to the Home screen;
- Tap on that grey semi-circle to enable the Split Screen;
- In the newly split screen, you can drag the icon of the app you want to open and it will launch in the first half of the screen;
- Go on and drag the icon of the second app you want to open and it will launch in the second half of the screen;
- Feel free to resize these two windows by pressing and holding that circle from the middle of the screen, dragging it right where you need the window to be.
It’s not difficult at all to use the Split Screen on Huawei P20/P10/P9/P8/Honor 10/9/8/7/Mate 10/9/8/Y9/Y5/Y3. Go ahead, give it a try and all our instructions from above will become crystal-clear. Once you do it, you might discover that you actually love working with a split screen and never go back to the standard screen.