As tempting as it might be, using a wireless internet connection is usually safe as long as you are at home. When you’re away, in public spaces with free Wi-Fi access, you might want to think twice about whether you want to use that connection and work with your personal data on it or not. This, of course, doesn’t mean you’ll have to wait until you get home. As long as you have a mobile data plan, you can use that one to connect your own device or to act as a mobile personal hotspot on LG G6 and LG G7 for other devices that need the internet.
With a decent data plan and the long-lasting battery life of your LG G6 or LG G7, you can benefit from a secure Internet connection wherever you are. All you have to do is to turn the smartphone into a wireless hotspot and to update your hotspot security settings. Let’s get into details of using the LG G6 and LG G7 personal hotspot .
Step 1 – turn your LG G6/LG G7 into a wireless hotspot
- Swipe down from the top of the Home screen to access the Notification Settings;
- Tap on the Settings icon from the top-right corner of the menu;
- Browse until you find the Tethering & Wi-Fi Hotspot and select it;
- Tap on the Mobile Hotspot option and switch it from Off to On;
- Hit the OK button on the Attention screen that will show up to notify you that the Wi-Fi will be automatically turned off;
- Follow the steps from the bottom of the screen and connect another device to your smartphone.
Step 2 – Change the security settings of your LG G6/LG G7 wireless hotspot
- Go back to the Notification Settings;
- Tap on the Settings icon;
- Select Tethering & Wi-Fi Hotspot;
- Select Mobile Hotspot;
- Tap on the 3-dots icon to expand the menu;
- Tap on Configure;
- Type in a new password;
- Hit the Save button.
If you’re thinking to skip this second step, don’t. This is, in fact, a standard process not only for your LG G6 or LG G7 working as a personal hotspot but also for the WPA2 security.
Now, before we end this tutorial, we should add that sometimes you may not be able to activate this mobile hotspot feature because of the current data plan. Some providers only make it available for specific subscriptions, in which case you will have to upgrade your current plan.
Nevertheless, don’t just proceed to an upgrade, discuss with the wireless carrier and ask why you don’t have the mobile hotspot service available. When you have a compatible data plan, you can start implementing all the steps from above and use your LG G6 or LG G7 personal hotspot feature.