You have a Huawei P10 and P10 Plus and that’s probably the only name you’re associating to your smartphone, right? But how about when you’re trying to use the Bluetooth and connect to another device? That’s when the smartphone will show up as a unique device with a very general name. When that happens, chances are that you will want to change that common label into a personalized name for your smartphone.
You can actually set up pretty much any name you want and the process is as simple as accessing the Device Information section under the general Settings and typing in the new name instead of the Huawei P10 and P10 Plus label. It’s simple, but allow us to make it even simpler with this short step-by-step tutorial:
- Turn on the device;
- Go to the Home screen;
- Swipe with one finger, from the top of the screen, to open the Notification shade;
- Tap on the gear icon on the upper right corner to access the general Settings;
- Browse until you can find the Device Information menu and tap on it;
- In the newly opened window, look for the Device Name and tap on it;
- Another window will pop up and that’s where you can actually edit the name of your smartphone;
- Type in the desired name and leave the menus.
Once you operate these changes, the next time when you will try to connect your Huawei P10 and P10 Plus to another device via Bluetooth, it will show up with the new name.