When you forget your password, it can be impossible to access your Huawei P10 and P10 Plus smartphone.
If you do a factory reset, you will lose all of the data on your phone. Most of the solutions you will find require you to perform a hard factory reset. This deletes all of your stored data and apps. If you don’t have your Huawei P10 and P10 Plus backed up, there are several ways to reset the password on your phone without losing all your files and data. The included guide below will provide three different ways to reset the lock screen password on your Huawei P10 and P10 Plus smart phone. If you can still access your phone, be sure to backup all files and data before performing the factory reset.
Reset Password with Factory Reset
- Turn your Huawei P10 and P10 Plus off.
- Press and hold the Volume up button, the Home button, and the Power button at the same time until you see the Android icon.
- Select the wipe data/factory reset option with the Volume button. Press the Power button to confirm.
- On the next screen, use the Volume down button to select “Yes — delete all user data” and push the Power button to confirm.
- Once the Huawei P10 and P10 Plus has rebooted, use the Power button to confirm.
- Upon reboot, the Huawei P10 and P10 Plus will be ready to set up as if it were brand new.
This part of the guide showed you how to perform a factory reset of your Huawei P10 and P10 Plus phone. When the reset is complete, your phone will be ready to set up just like when it was new.
Password Reset with Android Device Manager
If you registered your Huawei P10 and P10 Plus phone with the Android Device Manager, you will be able to reset the password without performing a factory reset. To reset your password, activate the “Lock” feature in the Android Device Manager. When you do this, android Device Manager will allow you to get the temporary password to reset when you have forgotten your Huawei P10 and P10 Plus password. To reset your Huawei P10 and P10 Plus password, follow the steps below:
- On another device, go to the Android Device Manager.
- Select your Huawei P10 and P10 Plus
- Enable “Lock & Erase”
- Follow the steps to lock your phone
- Set your temporary password, recovery message (optional), and phone number (optional)
- Access your phone with the temporary password
- Create your new password