Screen mirroring is a special feature that the most performance smartphones offer their users. It is all about allowing you to display whatever you were viewing on the screen of the phone on a different screen, usually a larger one with a higher image quality. Most people use it to connect their device to a TV, so here is how you can turn on Screen Mirroring on Huawei P20/P10/P9/P8/Honor 10/9/8/7/Mate 10/9/8/Y9/Y5/Y3:
- There are two different methods you have at hand;
- You can do it with a wired or with a wireless connection;
- Depending on your TV model, you might need several extra components.
Method #1 – The hard-wired connection
- Buy a compatible MHL adapter;
- Connect the smartphone to the adapter;
- Plug the MHL adapter to any power source;
- Buy a standard HDMI cable;
- Connect the adapter to the HDMI port on your TV;
- Set the TV to display video through the HDMI port that you are accessing;
- The TV should start mirroring your Huawei.
Tip – if your TV is an older, analog model, you will also need an HDMI to composite adapter in order to handle the screen mirroring on Huawei P20/P10/P9/P8/Honor 10/9/8/7/Mate 10/9/8/Y9/Y5/Y3.
Method #2 – The wireless connection
- Buy an AllShare Hub;
- Use a standard HDMI cable to connect the Hub to the TV;
- Make sure that both the smartphone and the Hub or the TV are connected to the same Wi-Fi network;
- Go to Settings;
- Select Screen Mirroring.
Tip – the AllShare Hub is mandatory only for analog TVs, if you have a Smart TV you won’t need to buy a Hub.