Many people think that a smartphone screen cannot really compete with the one of a tablet or laptop. The thought of splitting that “small” screen in two and use it with two different apps at the same time is, therefore, unbearable to them. Even so, there are quite a lot of people who use and truly appreciate the Split Screen View and the Multi Window Mode on Huawei P20/P10/P9/P8/Honor 10/9/8/7/Mate 10/9/8/Y9/Y5/Y3. If you’ve never used it before but you’d like to try it, this article will teach you everything you need to know.
In fact, there are only two things that you would have to consider about using these two features:
- They don’t come activated by default, so you will have to enable them first;
- You can and you should adjust the areas of the two windows in the Multi Window Mode – you’re not forced to allocate half screen for each of the two apps.
To enable the Multi Window Mode on Huawei P20/P10/P9/P8/Honor 10/9/8/7/Mate 10/9/8/Y9/Y5/Y3…
- Turn on the device;
- Swipe down the Notification shade from the top of the screen;
- Tap on the gear icon on the upper right corner to access the Settings;
- Tap on Device;
- Select the Multi Window option;
- In the newly opened window, tap on the Multi Window toggle from the top right corner and switch its toggle from Off to On;
- Also, if you want to keep this mode active by default, check the box next to the option labeled as “Open in multi window view”.
To start using the Multi Window Mode and the Split Screen View on Huawei P20/P10/P9/P8/Honor 10/9/8/7/Mate 10/9/8/Y9/Y5/Y3…
- Right after you have enabled that feature, you can start looking for the grey half-circle from the screen;
- As long as it’s there, tap on it and you will activate the Multi Window on top of the screen;
- Then, you can drag the two apps that you are planning to use simultaneously on the same screen;
- If you want to adjust the size of these two screens and make one larger than the other, tap on the circle from the middle of the screen;
- Hold the circle and drag it towards the top or the bottom of the display, depending on which window you want to be larger.
That’s how simple it is to use the Split Screen View and the Multi Window Mode on Huawei P20/P10/P9/P8/Honor 10/9/8/7/Mate 10/9/8/Y9/Y5/Y3. Go ahead and try it, maybe you’ll actually discover that you love it!