The LG G6 and LG G7 is considered to be one of the best Android smartphones. The G6/G7 is packed with features, but when it comes to something as simple as setting custom ringtones for contacts, many LG G6 and LG G7 users are a little lost.
Fortunately, it’s setting up your own custom ringtones for different contacts is straightforward and can be done within minutes. On the LG G6 or LG G7 you also have control over which ringtone plays for each individual contact, or setup other ringtones so that you know who’s calling without even looking at your phone.
How To Set Custom Ringtones On LG G6 And LG G7
With the latest OS overlay on the LG G6 and LG G7, it’s very simple to setup custom ringtones for individual contacts. Whether you’d like to set custom ringtones for specific people, set custom sounds for texts, or simply change your ringtone and text tone entirely, you can follow the guide below for help to set custom ringtones on LG G7 and LG G6.
- Make sure your LG is switched on.
- Search for and open the Dialer app.
- Look for the contact you’d like to edit
- Select the edit icon next to the contact. (It looks like a small pen)
- In the new menu, tap “ringtone.”
- A new window will appear with all of the available ringtones on your LG
- You can now listen through and select any of the ringtones LG has included with the phone
- Alternatively you can add your own ringtones or songs by tapping the “Add” button. You’ll then need to find it in your device storage.
By following the steps above you’ll have changed the ringtone for a specific contact on LG G7 or LG G6. Every other caller will still have the default ringtone, or any ringtone you’ve set to be the default in the past. You can go in and edit ringtones for as many contacts as you’d like and the settings will be saved for all future calls.