The LG G6 can sense the owner’s fingerprint and this feature was basically included because it is another way of protecting the Smartphone from unauthorized users who may want to get into the phone and access the private information. It can also be used as a method of establishing the owner of the phone.
Having said that, users have reported they are not able to use this feature since it stopped working or it has never worked on their LG G6. It has been established that the LG G6 sensor can’t be enabled or disabled. To find a solution you have to continue reading so as to get a number of suggestions.
How to use Fingerprint Sensor
- Switch on the LG G6
- Go to the settings
- Scroll down to find “Lock Screen and Security”
- Opt for “Screen Lock Type”
- Tap on the on the “Finger Print”
Set up the fingerprint scanner by following the instructions on the LG G6 screen, but later on, you can add or remove the finger prints the match with the LG G6 fingerprint sensor. The importance of this feature is that you don’t have to key in different pass codes for various apps when using the LG account to log in to different accounts; it will save you the time. To improve the utilization of the fingerprint sensor on the LG G6 Smartphone here are a few tricks.
Set Up the Finger Print Sensor
This feature is very convenient to use and helps users who are not able to memorize passwords and do not want to mess up with the patterns.
- Switch on the LG G6 Smartphone
- Find the lock screen and Security found in the settings
- Tap on the fingerprints and scroll downwards for “Add fingerprint”
- Scan your fingerprints and set a backup password
- Tap on “Ok” to enable the fingerprint lock on the LG G6
You have now completed the process and to test if this was successful, softly long press on the home key.
How to Disable Finger Print Sensor
The fingerprint sensor is an alternative for the passwords in the LG G6 but some users may want to turn off this feature due to their own personal reasons and yet do not know how. To disable the fingerprint sensor, simply go to the LG G6 home screen menu
- Tap on the settings
- Find the lock screen and security
- Select on the screen type lock on the LG G6 Smartphone
- From here you can change the lock screen to a different method by using the following methods;
Having done this you will have turned off the fingerprint sensor on the LG G6 Smartphone