The LG G6 is considered to be one of the best Android smartphones of 2017. The G6 is packed with features, but when it comes to something as simple as setting custom ringtones for contacts, many LG G6 users are a little lost.
Fortunately, it’s setting up your own custom ringtones for different contacts is straightforward and can be done within minutes. On the LG G6 you also have control over which ringtone plays for each individual contact, or setup other ringtones so that you know who’s calling without even looking at your phone.
How To Set Custom Ringtones On LG G6
With the latest OS overlay on the LG G6, it’s very simple to setup custom ringtones for individual contacts. Whether you’d like to set custom ringtones for specific people, set custom sounds for texts, or simply change your ringtone and text tone entirely, you can follow the guide below for help.
- Make sure your LG G6 is switched on.
- Search for and open the Dialer app.
- Look for the contact you’d like to edit
- Select the edit icon next to the contact. (It looks like a small pen)
- In the new menu, tap “ringtone.”
- A new window will appear with all of the available ringtones on your LG G6
- You can now listen through and select any of the ringtones LG has included with the LG G6
- Alternatively you can add your own ringtones or songs by tapping the “Add” button. You’ll then need to find it in your device storage.
By following the steps above you’ll have changed the ringtone for a specific contact on your LG G6. Every other caller will still have the default ringtone, or any ringtone you’ve set to be the default in the past. You can go in and edit ringtones for as many contacts as you’d like and the settings will be saved for all future calls.