Some LG users have reported the screen not turning ON problem in LG G7 and LG G6. The LG will light up just as normal as the screen remains black with nothing showing up. The LG G6/LG G7 will fail to power ON at particular times for various people, but the common ground remains, the screen simply doesn’t wake up.
To be sure of your problem, it is advisable that you first connect your LG to a power source just to make sure you are not dealing with a case of a dead battery. There are various possibilities why this might be occurring and we’ll attempt to explain various ways of fixing the screen not turning ON problem in LG G7 and LG G6.
Press the Power key
The first test before you can consider any other device is via pressing the Power key severally just to ensure it is not an issue to do with the power key of your LG G6 or LG G7. If you attempt to restart your smartphone and the problem persists, proceed with reading the rest of the guide.
Try booting to Safe Mode
Running your LG G6 or LG G7 into Safe Mode allows your device to run only on pre-installed apps. This allows you to figure out if another application is behind the screen not turning on problem.
- Hit and hold the Power key
- Release the Power key after the Samsung logo appears then hit and hold the Volume Down button.
- When it restarts, a Safe Mode text is seen at the lower left corner of your page.
Try booting LG G6/LG G7 to Recovery Mode and Wiping the Cache Partition
The below procedure will get your LG G6 or LG G7 into Recovery Mode through booting of your device.
- Hit and hold on the Power, Home and the Volume Up keys simultaneously.
- After the device vibrates, release the Power key as you hold on to the other 2 keys until the Android System Recovery page appears.
- Use the Volume Down key to highlight and select ‘Wipe Cache Partition’
- After clearing the cache partition, your LG G6 restarts automatically.
You can read the following guidelines on how to clear the Cache on your LG G6
Sought technical assistance
If neither of the fixes seem to have worked for you in trying to get your LG G6 or LG G7 to power ON after charging, it is well advisable that you return the device to the store where it will be checked out for any defects.
If the technicians proves it to be defective, you will be provided with a replacement unit or have it repaired. However, the main issue would be that the Power button of LG G6 and LG G7 is defective altogether.