Like many smartphones, the LG G6 and LG G7 does have a flashlight feature. The flashlight can be useful in dozens of situations, so having such a feature available in your pocket at all times is incredibly handy.
You won’t be able to find a default flashlight ‘app’ like you would with most other smartphone features on the LG, so trying to find out how to use the LG G6/LG G7 as a flashlight can be a little confusing. Whilst there are flashlight apps in the Google Play Store, they’re often riddled with ads and are unnecessary if you follow the steps below to access the built in flashlight feature.
It should be mentioned that whilst the flashlight can come in handy in a variety of situations, it can’t outperform other high quality flashlights, so you may still need a standalone flashlight as a backup.
To use the LG G6 and LG G7 flashlight without downloading an external app you’ll need to create a widget on your homescreen. Once the widget has been created, a single tap on your display will be all it takes to turn the LG G6 flashlight on and off.
Follow the steps in the guide below to learn how to use the LG G6 and LG G7 as a flashlight.
Our steps for using the LG G6/LG G7 as a flashlight:
- Make sure your LG is switched on.
- Navigate to the home screen and then hold your finger down on the display. Eventually, options for widgets will appear, alongside home screen and wallpaper settings.
- Select the “Widgets” option
- Look through the available widgets for something named “Torch”
- Tap and hold your finger “Torch” and then drag it to an empty space on your home screen.
- Now simply tap the “Torch” icon on your home screen each time you need to turn your flashlight on or off!
- You can also switch off the flashlight by navigating to the notifications bar.
If you came here with the question “How do I use flashlight on LG G6 and LG G7?” you should now have a solution. This guide can be used for all software versions of the LG, and it can even work on custom launchers installed from the Google Play Store, although the widgets may be in slightly different locations.