The users of the LG G6 have complained the phone sometimes develops a problem with WIFI connections. The complaint has been delivered several times to the point that it is almost becoming common to all the owners of the Smartphone. The WIFI problem usually appears in different ways which can be slow connections, automatic data connections, and easily loses the details of the previous connections to the name and the password.
Here are a few suggestions on how to fix the problem of the WIFI hitch. Before getting into the steps it is important to note that the WIFI problem usually comes in when you are using the apps like the facebook, twitter, Whatsapp, and other social media apps, what happens is that when the users try to connect to WIFI, it shows that the network is strong and within range but the icons that have been tapped to open up do not respond in any way, sometimes it takes long to load. To solve LG G6 WIFI problem here are a few suggestions.
- Switch off the Smartphone
- At the same time long press the power button, home, and volume up key.
- LG G6 will vibrate shortly bringing up the recovery mode screen
- Find the “Wipe cache partition” and tap on it to begin the process
- Tap on the “Reboot System now” button
LG G6 Switches from WIFI to Data Randomly
The WIFI connections can change to data connections because of the WLAN that can be activated from the Android system settings and also this can be found by searching from the LG G6 by the name “Smart Network Switch”. The importance of this feature was to make sure that there is a perfect connection and you are not locked out when the WIFI turn off unexpectedly since there will be an automatic switch to data. This feature cannot work if it is not set on the WIFI settings of the LG G6.
Disable the Network Switch on LG G6 TO Fix WIFI Problem
- Switch on the Smartphone
- Go to the mobile data connections and turn it “ON”
- Find the Menu and scroll down to the settings and find “Wireless”
- On the top of the next screen, find the “Smart Network switch”
- Check on the preference to stabilize the connections on the LG G6
- To this far the LG G6 will not be connection automatically to data connections from WIFI without your knowledge.
How to forget a saved WIFI Network
Deleting WIFI details saved on the LG G6 is simple and clear. Simply go to the settings and find the WIFI settings. On the WIFI menu, find the WIFI network by name that you want to delete from the list on your device. After the selection, you tap and hold on the network then touch on “Select”. Sometimes you will see “Modify” which is preferred for the changing of WIFI password on the LG G6. Alternatively,
- Set the phone running by switching it ‘ON”
- Using your finger swipe downwards from the top of the screen to open up the notification bar and tap on the settings tool or symbol.
- Scroll to find the network connections and go stop when you see WIFI and touch on it
- From here you will be able to select the WIFI that you want to eliminate from the list and the tap on “Forget”
Get Technical Support
If all of the above methods did not work in providing a solution to the LG G6, it is recommended that you find help from a certified technician to attest to the problem. You can also go back to the store where you bought the Smartphone for an advice or replacement. It will be an added advantage if the warranty of the phone is still valid.