The fingerprint sensor on the Huawei P10 and P10 Plus phone has been known to malfunction. This can be due to part a malfunctioning fingerprint sensor, and/or issues with enabling or disabling it. After describing how the fingerprint sensor works, there will be instructions for fixing it.
How To Use Fingerprint Sensor
If you want to make sure your fingerprint sensor is turned on, just go to Settings > Lock Screen and Security > Screen Lock Type > Fingerprints. Follow the on-screen instructions to set it up. You can add and remove fingerprints as needed. Using the fingerprint sensor allows you to access your phone without having to type in a passcode or swipe a security pattern. Use the guide below to set up your fingerprint sensor.
Set up the Fingerprint Sensor
- Power on the Huawei P10 and P10 Plus
- Open Settings and select “Lock Screen and Security”
- Select on Fingerprint; select +Add fingerprint
- Follow the instructions until 100% of your fingerprint has been scanned
- Set a backup password
- Select Ok to Enable Fingerprint Lock
- To unlock your phone simply hold your finger on the home button
How to disable Fingerprint Sensor
There are times when you may want to turn off the fingerprint sensor on your Huawei P10 and P10 Plus phone. While this is similar to the Touch ID found on the Apple iPhone, some users don’t like it. To turn off the fingerprint sensor, follow the following instructions:
- Power up your Huawei P10 and P10 Plus phone.
- From the Home screen, go to the Menu.
- Select Settings.
- Select Lock screen and security.
- Select Screen Lock Type.
Next, you’ll have to use your fingerprint to turn off this feature. You can change the Huawei P10 and P10 Plus feature to a different method to unlock the lock screen with the following options:
After you have changed the way that you unlock your Huawei P10 and P10 Plus, you’ll be able to disable the fingerprint sensor.