If you have just bought the OnePlus 5, you may want to make your lock screen more unique. When you customize your lock screen, you can get rid of certain widgets that you do not use and put different on that you may want.
In the guide below, we will show you how to turn off and on the weather icon widgets that will show what the location and current weather. This option is part of any OnePlus 5 setting but if you do not use the weather widget on your lock screen, you can turn this feature off.
Take a look at the instructions that are below in order to know how you can turn off and on your weather symbol on your OnePlus 5. This process is similar for other widgets such as clock and the visual effect option.
How to make the lock screen customizable on the OnePlus 5:
- Turn on the Make sure your OnePlus 5 is turned on.
- Navigate to your Apps page from your Home screen.
- Look and choose the Settings.
- Choose the Lock screen
- Choose the “Lock screen option”
- Have the Weather box either unchecked or checked to turn this feature on or off.
- Hit your Home button to go back to standby mode.
If you end of turn this option of, the weather information will appear once your smartphone is locked showing the temperature at the current location. If you want to disable the weather icon on your lock screen, you will not see it on the lock screen of your OnePlus 5.