OnePlus 5 is one of those recent releases from OnePlus. Like any novelty from the market, it pushes new security features, new settings, and new functions. Take the Developer Mode as an example… If you learn how to activate this mode on your new OnePlus 5, you will get access to a series of impressive controls, currently hidden from the general users.
Now, the fact alone that you don’t have easy access to this Developer Mode could make you a bit reluctant. What is this mode, anyway? If you’ve been using your smartphone without it so far and you had no problems, why should you change anything now? Do you risk anything if you choose to give it a try?
Here’s what you need to know:
- The Developer Options are only a series of advanced controls for the OnePlus 5;
- No, you don’t have to be a developer to get to tweak these options;
- And yes, you can choose to ignore it or you can choose to activate it – if you go for the latter, nothing bad will happen to your phone.
Better controlling the device, changing the settings and enabling the USB debugging to get to even more advanced functions – these are the kind of things you can achieve through the OnePlus 5 developer mode.
And the best part? It only takes a few taps to turn it on. Read on and see what we are talking about…
The easy steps for enabling the Developer Options on OnePlus 5:
- Go to the menu with all the General Settings – slide down the notification bar and use the gear-shaped symbol from the top right corner;
- In there, select About Device, followed by Build Number;
- Tap several times in a row on the Build Number option;
- At some point, you should be able to see a prompt – tap four more times and that was all;
- Use the back button and return to the previous menu of the About Device;
- This time, the Developer Options will be listed right above the About Device entry;
- Select it and turn this mode on.
Now that you’ve accomplished your goal, one of the first things you might want to try relates to the Animation Scale options. They are currently all set to 1x – try switching to 0.5x and see how you like it – the OnePlus 5 device will move much faster from now on! And, just like we told you, there’s really no damage you can create while trying these options. Go ahead and explore!