You may have recently purchased the LG G6/LG G7 and you are beginning to have problems with the Wi-Fi. The issues that people are having are things such as having a weak Wi-Fi, Wi-Fi connection, or slow Wi-Fi on LG G6 and LG G7. We will give you some suggestions that can be used in order to solve the LG G6 and LG G7 Wi-Fi problems in the guide below so you can be less frustrated with your smartphone.
Solving the Slow Wi-Fi on LG G6 and LG G7
Your LG G6 or LG G7 will feel slow when you use the Wi-Fi for apps such as Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, Whatsapp, Facebook, and other apps that media comes up slow or doesn’t come up at all. You may feel frustrated when the Wi-Fi is slow but your signal is strong but this can be fixed. The guide below will give you some quick tips on how you can solve the Wi-Fi problem on LG G6 and LG G7.
Fixing the slow Wi-Fi on LG G6 and LG G7:
- Make sure the LG is turned off.
- Simultaneously click and hold the Volume Up, Home, and Power button.
- You can release the buttons once the LG vibrates after a couple of seconds, which will mean that Recovery Mode has begun.
- Begin Wipe Cache Partition by looking for it and choosing it.
- Being to Reboot System Now on your LG after a little bit which will restart your smartphone.
LG G6/LG G7 switched to Data from Wi-Fi randomly
The connection between the WLAN and the data is the reason why the Wi-Fi connection on LG G6 and LG G7 goes to data connection together with the Android settings on your smartphone. LG created this option because they wanted to have smartphone have the most stable network whenever possible called the “Smart Network Switch”. However, you can solve this problem by fixing the Wi-Fi settings on the LG G6 and LG G7.
Disabling smart network switch on LG G6/LG G7 and fixing the Wi-Fi problem:
- Make sure the LG is turned on.
- The connection for mobile data on the LG should be enabled.
- Click on Menu, then Settings, then Wireless, when you have enabled the connection for mobile data.
- Look for the “Smart Network Switch” when you get to the beginning of the page.
- Make sure this option is unchecked for the LG.
- The LG will not automatically switch to mobile Internet from Wi-Fi any more.
Forgetting a saved Wi-Fi network:
You must try to locate the Wi-Fi option by going to your settings so you can delete the save Wi-Fi network on LG G6 and LG G7. Try to find which network you would like to delete from the LG G6/LG G7. Click Forget once you have found the network you wish to forget.
- Make sure your LG is turned on.
- Click on the Settings once you have opened up your notification panel by swiping down from the screen.
- Click on the Wi-Fi once you have looked for Network connections.
- Choose to turn on the Wi-Fi option if it is off.
- Look for the Wi-Fi network that you want to forget and click forget for it.
- Your LG will now forget the Wi-Fi network you have chosen.
Technical Support Help
It is recommended for you take your smartphone back to the shop or store if you have tried everything possible so that they can check if your LG G6 or LG G7 has physical damage. You may be able to get a replacement until yours gets repaired if a technician deems so.