Ever had the chance to use the cut, copy or paste commands with Samsung Galaxy S8 or Samsung Galaxy S8+ Plus? If you didn’t, you probably do not know how easy it is and, at the same time, you’re missing a big opportunity of handling texts much easier on your smartphone. Let us show you how to improve your text editing experience on any of these two smartphones from Samsung.
Not sure why would you need that? Well, if you often find yourself using the cut, copy, or paste commands on a Windows computer or a Mac, you probably want to do it on the Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus as well. After all, they work the same and offer you the same results. The only thing that’s different is the way you access these features, as they are somewhat hidden.
To highlight and copy or just remove words, within the same document or from one document to another, from a text to an email, or between any two other apps where you can edit texts, you will need to:
- Begin by selecting the text you want to edit;
- Long press on the newly selected text;
- At the top of the screen, a menu bar with a couple of options will show up;
- You should see the select all, copy, cut, and paste options listed in there;
- Tap on the option you want to use with the selected text, only after you have highlighted all the text you needed to edit – use the tabs to drag the selection on as many words as you want;
- Note that if you’re operating these changes on an Internet browser, you will also have an Android share button that you can use;
- Also, look for the search magnifying glass to do a quick Google Search with it, if you need;
- But with the final selection in place, all you have to do is to tap on one of the available options;
- Navigate to the new window where you want to paste the text;
- Long tap in the editing window;
- From the pop-up that will appear once again, select the paste option.
And that was it. The more you select texts – you can do a full-text selection and use the cut option until you only remain with the text that you want to keep – and use all the available editing options, the easier it will be for you. Soon enough, you’ll find editing on Samsung Galaxy S8 or Samsung Galaxy S8+ Plus just as easy as on any other computer.