You may have recently noticed that your LG G6 or LG G7 is not turning on even though the buttons are working like normal but your screen shows nothing and it is just black. It has been common for other people that the LG G6 screen is not working properly at random points and that the screen does not turn on.
It is recommended that you try to charge your LG G6/G7 to the power outlet so that the reason why it does not turn on is because it is just out of battery. We will give you a of variety methods that you can use to fix the screen problem on LG G6 and LG G7 since it could be a variety of possibilities.
Power Button Usage
It is highly recommended that you check and see that there is nothing wrong with your Power button by just clicking it a couple of time to see if it will turn on your LG G6 or LG G7. Take a look at the rest of the guide below if your LG G6 or LG G7 does not turn on once you have click the power button.
Recovery Mode Boot and Wipe Cache Partition
Take a look at the steps below in order to use Recovery Mode on the LG G6 and LG G7 by doing a smartphone boot:
- Simultaneously click and hold the Home, Power, and Volume Up buttons.
- You can release the Power button once you feel the phone vibrate but keep your fingers on the other two buttons until you see the Android System appear.
- Find the Wipe Cache Partition by using the Volume Down button to look for it and then click on it using the Power button.
- Your LG will automatically reboot once the cache partition has been cleared.
Take a look at the guide on how to clear cache on the LG G6 to give you a better idea on how it is done.
Safe Mode Boot
You will only be able to see app that are already downloaded on the LG G6 and LG G7 once your smartphone goes into “Safe Mode”. This will help you see what app is the root to the problem. You can do this by following the steps below:
- Simultaneously click and hold the Power button.
- You can release the Power button once the screen for LG shows up and then click and hold the key for Volume down.
LG Factory Reset
Another method that you can use in order to solve the screen not turning on the LG G6 and LG G7 is that you can perform a factory reset for your smartphone. You can learn how to do this by taking a look at the guide to learn how to factory reset the LG. We recommend for you to back up all important information such as contacts, photos, videos, app as all of those will be gone once you do a factory reset for the LG G6 and LG G7.
Technical Support Help
It is recommended for you take your smartphone back to the shop or store if you have tried everything possible so that they can check if your LG G6 or LG G7 has physical damage. You may be able to get a replacement until yours gets repaired if a technician deems so. However, the main problem for the LG G6/G7 is most likely that your power button is not properly working.