If you’ve ever tweaked the menus of your Huawei P20/P10/P9/P8/Honor 10/9/8/7/Mate 10/9/8/Y9/Y5/Y3 and you’ve bumped into the Split Screen View and the Multi Window Mode, you probably know what they mean. After all, the name says it all – these two features are designed to help you run two apps at the same time and see them both on the same screen.
Cool features indeed, but they aren’t active by default, so, if you are interested in using them, you will first have to head to the menus and enable them. More on how to turn on the Multi Window Mode and the Split Screen View on Huawei P20/P10/P9/P8/Honor 10/9/8/7/Mate 10/9/8/Y9/Y5/Y3, coming up next.
Step 1 – Enable these features:
- Turn on the smartphone;
- Open the Settings menu;
- Tap on Device;
- Select Multi Window;
- Tap on its switch and toggle it to On – it should be at the top right corner of the display;
- Check the “Open in multi window view” box if you want to keep the Multi Window mode active by default.
Step 2 – Start using and tweaking it:
- After activating these features, you should see a grey half-circle on the screen;
- This symbol tells you that the features are enabled so you can tap on it to launch the multi window at the top;
- On the split screen, you can drag an icon of the app you want to use on one side of the screen;
- After that, drag the icon of the second app that you want to share the screen with;
- Press and hold the circle from the middle of the screen and change its position to resize the two screens of the split screen mode however you need.
Using the Multi Window mode on Huawei P20/P10/P9/P8/Honor 10/9/8/7/Mate 10/9/8/Y9/Y5/Y3 is not just fun, but also practical. Now you know how to do it and you can start using it right away. If you have questions or observations, just drop us a note in the comments below.