If you’ve bought the new smartphone from OnePlus 5, you could be having some OnePlus 5 problems with WiFi. Several people have said to have some type of Wi-Fi issues including a weak connection and the phone switches from Wi-Fi to data without notice. There’s a few reason why this is happening on your One Plus 5 and we’ll explain how you can fix WiFi issues on OnePlus 5 below.
OnePlus 5 changes from Wi-Fi to Data randomly
Many people have had their One Plus 5 changing from WiFi to Data without any notice. The main reason why this is happening on your device is because your phone has a setting called “Smart network switch” that will automatically switch from a Wi-Fi connection to mobile data in times that you don’t have a strong Wi-Fi connection. Don’t worry there’s a way to adjust this setting and you can do it by following the steps below to solve the OnePlus 5 WiFi issue.
Disable the smart network and fix the WiFi problem on OnePlus 5:
- Turn on your device.
- Turn on your mobile data connection.
- Now go to Menu -> Settings -> Wireless.
- Browse for the “Smart network switch”.
- Uncheck the box next to it to turn off the Smart Network Switch settings.
- Once you’ve turned off this setting, you’ll no longer switch between Wi-Fi and the mobile Internet without notice.
How to forget a saved Wi-Fi network:
Another reason that your WiFi not working on OnePlus 5 could be because you’ve entered the incorrect info for your WiFi network and can’t connect to WiFi on OnePlus 5. The best way to solve this problem is to forget the saved WiFi setting and then go back and reenter your info again.
You can do this by going to Settings and look for the WiFi button. Select on it and pick the Wi-Fi network that you want to delete/remove. Now long press on the WiFi connection, and select “Forget.” Below is another way that you can forget WiFi on OnePlus 5:
- Turn on your device.
- From the top of the screen, swipe down to access the notification panel and tap on Settings.
- Select on Network connections and tap on Wi-Fi.
- If you have Wi-Fi turned OFF, turn it on.
- Pick the Wi-Fi network you want to forget and tap on Forget.
- Now that Wi-Fi network profile will be removed and you’ll need to retype the info in again.
Fix Slow WiFi on OnePlus 6
Other problems that people have reported is a slow WiFi connection on OnePlus when using apps like Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, WhatsApp and other types of apps. In addition, some see a gray looking image when trying to use these apps.
The issue people are having is that even when the WiFi is powerful, the WiFi is still not fast and can be annoying for some. The following are steps on how to fix OnePlus 5 WiFi issue.
How to fix slow Wi-Fi on OnePlus 5:
- Power off your device
- At the same time hold the Volume, power and home buttons
- Once the phone vibrates, you’ll get into recovery mode
- Select on “wipe cache partition”
- Once the process is done and you’ll be able to restart your phone with “reboot system now”
Get Technical Support
If you’ve tried the solutions above, but you still have OnePlus 5 WiFi problems, then it’s recommended that you take your phone to the store to get it checked out. The reason for this is because your One Plus 5 could have physical damage that is not fixable with software troubleshooting.