Browsing the web is one of the most common utilities of any Apple iPhone and iPad running on iOS 10.3 out there. Unfortunately, it is just as common for our browsing history to be closely monitored and our preferences to be used for more or less aggressive advertising soon after that.
This reason alone motivated countless Apple fans and not only to search for alternatives to the regular browsing. In this quest for privacy, they actually have two different options:
- To download third-party apps that do not store any data other than cookies and that navigate in the incognito mode by default;
- To learn how to tweak the settings of their Apple device built-in browser to activate the private navigation.
We will begin with the second one since it’s the most comfortable – who would want to add an extra app on the smartphone if the option is already available on their device?
Private browsing on iPhone and iPad running on iOS 10.3
Private browsing, also known as the Incognito mode, is a killswitch. You activate it and nothing, aside from the previously mentioned cookies, gets stored or monitored. The browser won’t remember any address you have accessed or any login credentials you have used.
The steps for turning it On:
- Launch the browser you are planning to use;
- Go to the upper right corner and tap on the menu symbol (for Chrome it’s the 3-dot icon, for Safari it’s the 2-pages icons);
- Select the option labeled as New incognito tab (for Chrome) or the Private option (for Safari);
- Wait for the black screen to pop up and then you can start surfing the web under the protection of private browsing.
If you’re not happy with having to tweak the Google Chrome or Safari browser settings and you’re not quite into the Opera Browser and its browser-wide privacy mode, you can look for third-party apps. We would suggest you try the Dolphin Zero, a widely popular browser that initiates all its searches under the private mode. But you can surf for any other browser compatible with iPhone and iPad in iOS 10.3 and see what works best for you.