Apple users tend to pay attention to how other users tweak and customize their iPhone X/iPhone 10 . Whether you are trying to have something you’ve seen on other iPhones or, on the contrary, you are trying to make your phone as unique as possible, setting a customized ringtone is one of the first things you will want to try.
Now, to really stand out and be different, you obviously don’t want to use the predefined ringtones that all the other Apple users have access to. While going to Settings and selecting a ringtone from under the Sounds menu is the easiest way to do it, you want something else, something different. That’s why we are going to show you how to download new ringtones, for free, for your iPhone X/iPhone 10 .
Long story short, this isn’t about the ringtones that come from the factory but it isn’t about paying for new ringtones either. Coming up next, we would like to show you what you must do in order to customize a song – almost any song out there – and make it your ringtone.
The iPhone X/iPhone 10 ringtone download and set-up instructions:
- Turn on the iTunes app;
- Make sure you have the latest version – scan for new available updates, if you’re not sure what version you have;
- Select your desired song;
- Go to its editing menu with a Right-Click or a Ctrl-Click command on its name;
- In there, tap on Get Info and you will have the opportunity to select the 30 seconds from that song that you wish to have as ringtone – unfortunately, that’s the maximum duration you can set;
- After that, go back to the editing menu to use the Create AAC Version option and turn your song into an AAC file;
- Delete the original file after you’ve copied the AAC version;
- Edit its extension into .m4r (before that, it must have had the .m4a extension);
- Add the newly created and edited file to the iTunes;
- Sync the iPhone X/iPhone 10 with the iTunes, after you have performed all these edits;
- And then, follow the regular steps for changing the ringtone: within the Settings app, go to Sounds and, at the Ringtone section, you should have this new song as well.
Once you’ve selected a first customized song for a particular contact, you will have to go through the same exact steps, with as many other songs as you want to edit, and manually change the ringtones of other contacts in your agenda.
Trust us, learning these simple principles will give you plenty of opportunities to customize the iPhone X/iPhone 10 with new ringtones. Not just for the call function, but also for your text messages, for the alarm options, and perhaps for other notifications coming from other apps. Start with this process, the one that most Apple users are interested in, and you will slowly evolve from there!