The caller block option is available on all iPhone X/iPhone 10 devices. But even so, many Apple users are not fully aware of all the options that they have in this direction. Most of them know that some people can call them and choose to block the display of their phone numbers but they don’t know how is this possible. They become interested in learning how to block those persons from calling them and that’s how they end up puzzled by the many options. Speaking of which, here is what you should take into account:
- You can block all the calls coming to your iPhone X/iPhone 10 with one setting;
- You can activate the Do Not Disturb mode on the iPhone X/iPhone 10 ;
- You can block a particular phone number by manually adding it to a block list;
- You can activate an automatic block option for all the unknown caller IDs;
- You can use a special app dedicated to blocking these unknown caller IDs.
If the five options from above are confusing you, it must be because of these terms: unknown numbers and unknown caller ID. To clear things out, we should say that the unknown caller ID is a phone number that is not being displayed on your screen during the call. Instead of it, you only get the message “Unknown” or “Blocked” and you cannot tell who is calling or call that person back. Basically, you have no access to their number. By comparison, a simple unknown number is a number that you can see on the display but you do not know or recognize because it is not saved in your agenda.
Let’s move on to the details that come with your options.
#1 – Block all your calls from the iPhone X/iPhone 10 settings
- Open up the Settings section;
- Go to Phone;
- Select the option labeled as Blocked.
One important aspect in this chapter is that, for you to block a number that is not saved in your agenda, you must first create a contact for it!
#2 – Learn how to use the Do Not Disturb mode on iPhone X/iPhone 10 / 8
- Return to the Settings app;
- Within the main menu, identify the Do Not Disturb option;
- Change its toggle from Off to On;
- Go through the options listed in there and customize the permissions.
As opposed to everything else, with the Do Not Disturb mode you’re not telling your iPhone what contacts to block, but rather what contacts should be able to call you. Whoever is not on that list won’t be allowed to reach out to you.
#3 – Use the manual block option for unknown numbers
- Access the Recent Calls tab within the Phone app;
- Find the number that keeps bugging you with unsolicited calls;
- Copy that number;
- Go to the Contacts tab and use the symbol to add a new contact and paste that number you wish to block;
- Once the contact is created and saved, you can repeat the steps from option one to block that particular contact alone.
#4 – Use the automatic block option for unknown caller IDs
If all you see is Unknown when the phone rings, you can use the iPhone X/iPhone 10 to block such calls. When you activate this special option, the device will block any incoming call detected as having its caller ID hidden.
#5 – Use a third-party app to block calls
Last but not least, if you don’t want to bother too much with the options from above, head to the Apple App Store. Search for TrapCall (our suggestion) or for anything else that seems a good fit for your needs. Install it and tweak the settings to block by default all the hidden numbers. That’s how you get rid of unknown calls on the iPhone X/iPhone 10.