Who’s to say who should call you and who shouldn’t? As long as contacting a phone number is something that anyone can do, just like choosing to hide your number when making that call, it only makes sense that the caller has the right to block your access. This right can be put into practice on any iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max or iPhone Xr through the caller block solution.
The telemarketers, the spam callers, or the bad intentioned persons who insist on ruining your day with their calls won’t like it, but again, who’s to say what you can and what you can’t do from your iPhone? As long as you have this option, we are here to show you how to use it. Sit comfy because it’s going to take a while, there is more than one way to block unknown calls!
The fastest way to block any phone number on iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max, iPhone Xr…
- Go to Settings;
- Hit the Phone option;
- Tap on Blocked and that’s all!
Note – if you want to block an unknown caller, you won’t be able to do it before you actually create a contact entry for that person.
Alternatively, you can use the Do Not Disturb mode iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max, iPhone Xr…
- Go back to Settings;
- And you should see the Do Not Disturb option listed right on the main menu;
- Select it and switch the toggle of the Manual option to On;
- Take some time to customize the list of contacts who will be allowed to call you and that’s it!
Note – with the Do Not Disturb mode, you are basically blocking any calls except for the numbers that you manually set permissions for!
Or you can manually block unknown numbers one by one…
- Launch the Phone app and scroll through the list of Recent Calls;
- Identify the number of the unknown caller and copy it;
- Switch to Contacts and use the + symbol to create a new contact for that number;
- Paste the number, type whatever name you want to give to that person, and hit the Done button;
- Finally, use the option to block this newly created contact from calling you.
Note – by unknown numbers we mean numbers that you can see on the display of your iPhone but that you didn’t previously have on your agenda.
Or you can automatically block any unknown caller ID on iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max, iPhone Xr
This option works for anyone who’s calling you by blocking the caller ID. The iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max and iPhone Xr have this option of blocking by default any caller with an unknown caller ID and you should use it!
Last but not least, try a custom app for this purpose
We suggest you try something like TrapCall but, of course, you’re free to download and test whatever tempts you from the Apple App Store. With its help, you will, again, block by default any caller that hides his or her number. Basically, when you get a call that would have normally displayed you the text “No CALLER ID” on the screen, the app interferes and blocks it directly, without you getting to hear the call at all.
We’ve given you five different options to block unknown calls on iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max and iPhone Xr. Let us know which caller block solution you like most!