If you’re used to taking all kinds of snapshots with the camera of your iPhone, encountering errors is not exactly the norm. So, the first time you notice that the camera failed on iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max and iPhone Xr to start, you optimistically hope it’s just a temporary glitch. It worked perfectly fine until now, why would it be any different now, all of a sudden?
You turn off the app and turn it back on. But what do you know, the camera not working error pops up on the display of your iPhone again, and again, and again. Clearly, it’s a lot more than a glitch and you sure cannot let it sit like that. Hold your thought of rebooting the device or reinitiating the factory defaults!
In this article, we are going to show you exactly what to do when the camera isn’t working on iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max and iPhone Xr.
How to fix your iPhone Xr, iPhone Xs or iPhone Xs Max camera not working error:
- Hold both the Home and the Power buttons at the same time, for approximately 7 seconds or so, until the phone turns off;
- Let it sit like that for a few seconds and turn it back on, to check if this restart had any effects on the camera problem.
- Go to the Settings menu, at the General section;
- Select the Storage & iCloud storage subsection and tap on Manage Storage;
- In there, go to Documents and Data to select the camera app;
- Slide to left the items that you no longer want in there and use the Delete option;
- Also, you can use the Edit / Delete All options to remove all the app data.
If not even the action of clearing the cache partition fixed the camera failed problem, take your iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max or iPhone Xr to an Apple store or to the retailer. It might need a replacement!