Speed of reaction and tactile feedback are two of the main features characterizing the Home button of your iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus. The latter is actually called haptic feedback and it is a short vibration that confirms you have tapped the button and your command was taken into account. If you like the idea but you’re not happy with the execution – you feel that the vibration is too short or occurs too fast for you to accurately notice it – we have a few tips for you.
To adjust the Home button intensity options for your iPhone 8 / 7 Plus:
- Unlock your phone to launch the Settings app;
- From all the sections available under the general Settings menu, stop by the General tab;
- Underneath the General tab options, you should find an entry labeled as Home Button;
- Tap on it and you will get 3 intensity options to choose from:
- Pick your favorite and hit the Done button before you leave the settings.
To adjust the Home button click speed on your iPhone 8 / 7 Plus:
- Return to the Settings app;
- Tap on the General section and head to the Home Button entry listed in there;
- Browse until you find the Click Speed feature and select it;
- You will get three different click speed options to choose from:
- Make your choice and confirm it by tapping the Done button.
Now that you’ve handled both features, you can make some tests and see how it feels. If you’re happy with the current configuration, you can leave the home button vibration and other settings of the iPhone 8 just like that. If you feel there is room for any other kind of improvement, by all means, go for it – revise these options and make the necessary adjustments!