If you own the new iPhone, you may want to know how to fix the black screen problem on iPhone 7/7 Plus/6s/6s Plus/6/6 Plus/SE. Many people have reported that when they turn on their smartphone by pressing the power button, nothing happens and the screen remains black. Below we’ll explain a few different solutions to fix the black screen on iPhone 7/7 Plus/6s/6s Plus/6/6 Plus/SE not turning on.
Boot to Recovery Mode and Wipe Cache Partition
One solution to fix the black screen problem on iPhone 7/7 Plus/6s/6s Plus/6/6 Plus/SE would be to get your smartphone into Recovery Mode. Follow the steps below:
- Turn on your smartphone and connect it to a computer.
- Open iTunes (If you don’t have iTunes, go ahead and download it here.
- Then at the same time, hold and press the power button and Home button for at least 10 seconds.
- Wait until you see the recovery mode screen
- Then you’ll see options to either Restore or Update your smartphone.
- Select Update. iTunes will try to reinstall iOS without erasing your data. Wait while iTunes downloads the software for your device.
You can also read this guide on how to clear cache on iPhone
Factory Reset Apple iPhone 7/7 Plus/6s/6s Plus/6/6 Plus/SE
Another solution to fix the screen is black on iPhone 7/7 Plus/6s/6s Plus/6/6 Plus/SE is to factory reset your smartphone. Read this guide on how to factory reset iPhone. You should know that before you factory reset your smartphone, it’s recommended that you back all your files, photos and contacts so you don’t lose anything if something goes wrong. Before you go to factory reset an iPhone 7/7 Plus/6s/6s Plus/6/6 Plus/SE, you should back up all files and information to prevent any data from being lost. You can do this by going to the Settings app, tapping on Backup & Reset.
Get Technical Support
If for some reason, the solutions above don’t work to fix the iPhone 7/7 Plus/6s/6s Plus/6/6 Plus/SE not turning on and just showing a black screen. It’s suggested to create an appointment with the Apple store to get the phone physically checked for any damage. If the iPhone is damaged, there’s a good chance that a replacement phone could be given to you or at the very least a replacement phone will be give to you while the phone is getting repaired.