The concept of text message forwarding is not new but if you don’t know where to start from on the iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus, read this tutorial. Soon enough, you will be able to mirror whatever text message you get on the iPhone and push it through, to reach your Mac or iPad’s Messages app. Sure, it’s all done with the FaceTime technology and you must have the same Apple ID on all the devices that should communicate via Text Message Forwarding.
Aside from those general requirements, you must also add an email address to iMessage. If you’re logged in to FaceTime with your Apple ID/iCloud, only a few steps are separating you from activating the forwarding option.
To activate the Text Message Forwarding option on the iPhone 8 / iPhone 8 Plus…
- Go to Settings, as always;
- Access the Messages settings;
- Select Send & Receive;
- Look for the entry “Use your Apple ID for iMessage”;
- Type your user name (Apple ID) and password (the Apple ID password);
- Next, you’ll be able to decide what email address you want to enable and associate with the Apple ID within the iMessage service;
- Select that email address and hit the Next button;
- Return to the iMessage settings to access the Text Message Forwarding option;
- Next, the Messages on Mac or iPad will launch automatically and generate that one-time verification code;
- Use the code that you receive on your iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus and you’re almost done.
The only thing left for you is to repeat these steps on all your other Apple devices. Soon enough, you’ll be able to use the Text Message Forwarding option on iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus with any other Apple device. The feature won’t require for your devices to be connected via Bluetooth and not even to be connected to the same Wi-Fi network!