After experiencing the iMessage Group Chat, you learned how to mute a conversation and how to leave a group chat message on iOS 11 on iPad and iPhone. But what do you do when a new colleague needs to be added to the Group Chat, or when you know someone who recently started using the updated version of iMessage Group Chat and wants you to add him on an already created Group Chat?
If you don’t want to open a new chat thread and still want to add your colleagues and friends, then this tutorial will help you get your job done. We must inform you that this method works only on Chat Groups, and not in the situation of a conversation between two people, where a third person wants in.
Another condition for this tutorial to work is that you apply it on Chat Groups composed out of iMessage members only, not mixed: SMS users and iMessage users. Once you add the respective person, he or she has access only to the future messages that the members will exchange, and not to the old ones.
Add a new person to the iMessage Chat Group in iOS 12 and iOS 11 following these steps:
- Pick up your iPhone or iPad and turn it on.
- Go to the icon that represents the iMessage application.
- Select the thread with the iMessage Chat Group where you want to add the person.
- Click the “Details” button located at the top of your phone display.
- Then you will see the “Add Contact” button, which you have to select.
- Finally, find the name of the person you need to add and press “Done”.
You can tell your friends to add you in their iMessage Group Chats, and even teach your colleagues how to do it. The result is that you get even more socially active with the help of your iOS 11/iOS 12 on iPad and iPhone.