The iMessage service on the iPhone X/iPhone 10 is just one slice of the big messaging experience provided by Apple. The best proof is given by the group chats where, as you probably know, both iMessage and SMS users can get together and form chat groups. Practical, interactive and quite entertaining, these group chats are gaining popularity for all the right reasons.
If you want to add a person to a group chat that you are already a part of, you will have to take a few basic details into account. For instance, there are two essential aspects that will determine if you can add that particular contact to that particular group:
- It must be a group of at least 3 contacts – 2 contacts, for instance, are not forming a group chat, but only a private conversation!
- It must be a group consisting of iMessage users alone – if the group was created as a mixed chat group from the very beginning, with iMessage and SMS users, you won’t be able to add a new user whenever you want.
On top of all that, when you do add a new member to that group, you cannot expect for that person to have access to the entire group chat history. They will only see the discussions from the group starting from that moment on.
iPhone X/iPhone 10 – How to add a person to your group chat:
- Start the Messages app;
- Navigate to the group message where you want to add that new contact;
- Go to the menu from the top of the screen and tap on Details;
- Tap on Add Contact;
- Browse through your contacts list available in there and select the one you wish to add;
- Confirm with the Done button;
- Repeat these steps for adding a new person to the same group, if necessary.
Taking into account all the info from the beginning of this article and the six simple steps from above, you’re ready to go. Start growing and expanding your iPhone X/iPhone 10 group chats by adding new persons whenever you feel the need!