Adding ringtones to iPhone X, iPhone Xr, iPhone Xs or iPhone Xs Max is a process. Usually, the perspective alone of getting involved in a process tends to scare people away. But many iPhone users are at least aware of the option that they have to change ringtones, so, they are more willing to look into it. And when they do, what do you know? It turns out that it’s not just about picking a new ringtone from the default list installed from the factory.
Of course, you could do that thing suggested above, but you don’t need our help to guide you with that. You just need to go to the Settings menu and open the Sounds options, where you have the Ringtone with all its features, including ringtones waiting to be selected by the user.
We are here to offer you an option that is not for the beginners. And once you put it into practice, you’ll get a new ringtone available in that list from the Sounds >> Ringtone option. But this one will be one of your favorite songs and, chances are you won’t bump into many other iPhone X, iPhone Xr, iPhone Xs or iPhone Xs Max users who have the same ringtone like you do.
Not to mention, depending on what contact you select this ringtone for, you will be able to tell when they call before you get to look at the display. This is, in fact, one of the top reasons why people insist on creating new ringtones, to give the special people in their agenda different songs, with different significations, and know in advance that they are the ones calling.
Add ringtones on iPhone X, iPhone Xr, iPhone Xs or iPhone Xs Max – the exact steps:
- Open the iTunes;
- Run a scan to verify if there aren’t any new versions available, so you can start using the latest;
- Go to your song and select it with one tap;
- Use either Right-Click or Ctrl-Click on your selection, to access the menu with the editing options;
- From the menu, select Get Info;
- Next, you’ll have the chance to create the start and stop times for your new ringtone, which cannot have more than 30 seconds;
- Once you solve this aspect, return to the menu and select Create AAC Version;
- When the new, AAC version, is created, you can copy it and delete the old form;
- Also, change the initial extension of it – .m4a – into .m4r;
- Move the finalized ringtone to iTunes;
- Sync the iPhone with the iTunes;
- Take the usual steps for setting up a new ringtone, as described in the beginning of this tutorial, and you’ll find your edited custom ringtone on that list, ready for selection and use!
Now, the entire above is the recipe for customizing and adding a ringtone to one contact from the iPhone X, iPhone Xr, iPhone Xs or iPhone Xs Max. If you want more, you’ll have to work more, so, repeat these steps!