Were you reckless with giving your number to different persons? Or you’ve just been spotted by annoying acquaintances and you don’t know how to make those messages stop? Whether you’re using an iPhone 8 or an iPhone 8 Plus, your Apple device already has what it takes to block a person from texting you on iMessage. Below, you will find two different options. One from the Phone app and the other one from the phone’s Settings. Feel free to inspect both of them!
One way to block the iMessage texts from unknown contacts is to…
- Unlock the iPhone 8 or the iPhone 8 Plus smartphone;
- Tap on the Phone app’s icon to launch it;
- Select the Recents tab;
- Once you’ve accessed the list of recent contacts, browse through it until you find the unknown phone number that you wish to block;
- Select the icon with the “i” symbol next to it;
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and find the option labeled as “Block this caller”;
- Select Block Contact and leave the Phone app.
Another way to block the iMessage texts from unknown contacts is to…
- Get back to the Home screen of your iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus;
- This time, head to the section with general Settings;
- Select the Messages option listed in there;
- Tap on Blocked;
- Use the “Add New” button;
- Type the number of that person you wish to block;
- Hit the Done button once you’re sure that you’ve typed the right number.
Regardless how you choose to proceed with these annoying persons who keep texting you through iMessage, any of these two options will work. Pick one and try it, you’ll see that you’ll enjoy using your iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus even more. Now you know how to get rid of distractions. We hope that it goes without saying – once you’ve blocked a number from sending you text messages, you’ve also blocked it from calling you or from reaching out to you through FaceTime.