Whether you’re trying to familiarize yourself with a foreign language or your mother tongue is not English, changing the language of iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max and iPhone Xr interface has never been easier. Think of Korean, Arabic and other exotic languages or just Italian, French, Spanish and German, you really have a wide range of options to choose from.
In fact, changing the languages on iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max or iPhone Xr is not the hard part at all. On the contrary, the hard part is to know exactly what you’re getting yourself into. Because you see, you have language settings for the keyboard alone and language settings for the entire user interface, the third-party apps that you have recently installed included!
For now, we will trust that this is what you really want and show you what you need. As promised, allow us to treat the matters individually.
Step 1 – change the keyboard language of iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max, iPhone Xr
- You know you have to start from Settings, so, launch the app;
- Tap the General menu;
- Browse for the Keyboard settings available in there;
- Select the Keyboard once again, from the top of the screen;
- Use the button that says Add New Keyboard;
- Browse through your list of options and make a selection.
Step 2 – change the system language of iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max, iPhone Xr
- Go back to the same Settings app;
- This time, when you access the General tab, select the Language & Region option;
- Tap the iPhone Language entry;
- Look at the list of options and pick the language you were planning on using.
Bonus – how to add a new language to the list of default options
If you haven’t found what you were looking for, you don’t need to give up. Instead, go to the App Store and search your desired language. Install it and you will be able to select it by retaking the steps presented to you above.
Now that you even know how to add a special language before you can change language of iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max or iPhone Xr, you really have everything you need to get started.