You know it too well that iPhone Xs and iPhone Xs Max can be pretty expensive devices. The thought alone that it could be stolen from you or that you could buy a device that is actually blocked from the network is unbearable, isn’t it? While these two situations may seem unrelated to you, they both have to do with the serial number.
This serial number or IMEI is a unique code for every single smartphone. Your iPhone Xs or iPhone Xs Max has it too, even if you don’t know it. But you don’t know it because it’s not like you have it stuck on the back of the smartphone. You have to look for it and you would better start doing so right away, for some very important reasons:
- The 16-digit IMEI number is the way you can make the proof that you own your iPhone, in some unique circumstances – our example from above, with the stolen device, is one of them. If this happens, you can go to the carrier and ask for the iPhone with that specific IMEI to be blacklisted within the network, so that the thief won’t be able to use it.
- The same goes for when you are trying to buy an iPhone from someone – if you know the IMEI, you can check it and make sure that it hasn’t been reported as stolen and, therefore, blocked from the network.
Your iPhone Xs or iPhone Xs Max’s IMEI number will allow for constant verification and confirmation that the device is neither stolen nor blacklisted for whatever other reasons.
Now, for the actual question: how can you find out the IMEI of iPhone Xs and iPhone Xs Max?
- Check the packaging – when we said it’s not written on the back of the device, we were almost right. You see, the IMEI is written, after all, on the back of its package or, in any case, on some side of the original box. If you still have that packaging, take a look at it for the visible sticker with the IMEI code.
- Check the iOS system – if you don’t have the box at hand, you can simply check the Status submenu, under Device Information, within the Settings app. Prepare yourself to scroll through a long list of details but, somewhere along those lines, you will also find the IMEI.
- Use the Service Code – so, we saved the best for the last, as this method is the easiest of them all. Go to the Phone app and type *#06#. After that, the code will show up instantly on the screen.
Feel like there’s more you need to know about the IMEI code o fiPhone Xs and iPhone Xs Max? Shoot us a question!