Cookies and navigation history are two of the most interesting subjects among Apple users. More often than not, people ask about the options and the steps required for clearing such web traces on their iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus. As usual, we don’t judge, we only explain, so we will simply assume that you have your reasons and jump straight to the part with the answers!
To clear only the cookies stored on the iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus…
- You must start from the Settings app;
- Since cookies relate to web browsing, head to the settings of the Safari web browser;
- After selecting Safari under the General Settings, just tap on Clear History & Website Data;
- Last but not least, confirm the action by selecting the entry labeled as Clear History and Data.
In the next seconds, all the cookies that were stored by default on the iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus will be removed. Is there anything else you would like to delete?
To clear the Google Chrome history on the iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus…
- The process is similar as the one described above, for the iOS browser – launch the Google Chrome app;
- Next, tap the 3-dot icon to go to the browsing app’s menu;
- In there, select the History entry;
- Tap Clear Browsing Data – a button somewhere towards the bottom of the screen;
- Tick the boxes associated to the categories of information that you wish to eliminate from that detailed list and confirm the delete action.
Bear in mind that the steps for the Google Chrome history, just like the steps for the Safari history, are general, logical instructions. Find the menu of that browsing app and see what options you have under the History tab. As you can see, the Chrome app allows you to be selective when you clear the internet history of the iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus, but not all apps are that generous in terms of settings!