Want to stop starring at the display of your iPhone 8 but still enjoy the videos stored on it? How about you connect the iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus to a TV and watch directly on the bigger screen?
You could do it with a wired connection. Still, we will assume you’re not a fan of it (who is it, nowadays?) and just stick to the wireless plan. Bear in mind that it’s not complicated at all, IF you have the right tools. Speaking of which, let’s move on to action.
The steps to a wireless connection – Apple iPhone 8 / iPhone 8 Plus to TV:
- You are going to need an Apple TV and a standard HDMI cable – make sure you have these two before you proceed;
- When it’s all at your disposal, connect the Apple TV to the local Wi-Fi network;
- Run the AirPlay feature right after that;
- Launch a video from whatever app you want (with your Safari browser, the Videos app, YouTube etc.);
- Access the Control Center with one swipe up from the bottom of your iPhone’s display;
- Tap the AirPlay icon;
- Select the Apple TV listed in there;
- Make the Control Center go away with one tap outside of the menu;
- Hit the Play button for the video to start playing;
- And last but not least, look for the AirPlay icon among your apps.
Let us know how did it work for you. If you still have questions on how to connect an iPhone 8 / iPhone 8 Plus to a TV, shoot us a message!