If you’ve just upgraded to iOS 10 on either your iPhone or iPad, it’s a good idea to learn how to copy, cut and paste on your device> Below we’ll teach you how to cut, copy and paste in iOS 10.
The great thing about the cut, copy and paste tools in iOS 10 is that it’s powerful and effective when using your iPhone or iPad. These features do the same function as it would on a Windows PC or Mac computer.
When using the cut. copy and paste tools, it’ll allow you to quickly highlight and remove words, or even copy them from a text to an email, and other options. Below are steps on how to cut, copy and paste on iOS 10.
How to Select & Highlight Text on iOS 10 for iPhone and iPad:
- Turn on your iPhone or iPad.
- Press and hold on the text you want to select or highlight.
- Then hold down on the magnifying glass that shows up, this allows you to select the location where you want to select the text from.
- After you’ve placed the cursor on the location, remove your finger from that spot.
- You’ll know see a few different options come up. Tap on the Select option, this will highlight the word nearest the cursor. Then when you tap on the Select All option, all of the text when get highlighted.
- Once you press either of the options, two blue dots will show up on the screen showing the start and end location of the text that will be selected.
- Now you should tap and hold on one of these blue dots. Then all you need to do is drag your finger to highlight text.
- Then you’ll see other options like Cut, Copy, Paste and a few more tools.
- Pick any tool that you want to use.
- For those that have copied text and you’ll might want to paste it somewhere else, this can be done by pressing down on an empty place on the screen. Then all you need to do is wait until the Paste option shows up on the screen.
- Press on the Paste button to paste the highlighted text that you previously copied.
After you follow the steps above, you’ll know how to cut, copy and paste in iOS 10 for your iPhone or iPad.