This article is about how to create new folders on the Home Screen of an iPhone X/iPhone 10 . If your iPhone doesn’t seem to need this for the moment, it will need it, eventually. And don’t you want to be prepared for every possibility and know exactly what you need, right when you need it?
iPhone X/iPhone 10 folder creation – solution no. 1
You will begin with the purpose of pairing two apps and create a folder that, at the end of a quick process, will contain both apps. Moreover, in that folder, you will be able to then add many other apps and even create other folders inside of it. So, decide which are the two apps that you want to create a folder from and then…
- Select the icon of the first app;
- Tap and hold on it, maintaining this press while dragging the icon towards the icon of the second app;
- Release the selection when the first app was brought on top of the second app;
- You will then see a folder showing up on the screen;
- You will also be prompted to type a name instead of the default New Folder text;
- Once you do that, the two icons will disappear from the Home Screen and appear in the newly created folder.
iPhone X/iPhone 10 folder creation – solution no. 2
The alternative is quite similar, in the sense that you have the same flexibility, you can rename your folder and add as many apps or other folders inside of it as you want. The difference, however, is that you start with only one app and, instead of releasing it on top of another app…
- You long press on the app you wish to move into a new folder and drag it towards the top of your screen;
- You will soon enough see an option in there, labeled as New Folder, and you must release your selection on top of it;
- Again, a window will pop up and ask you to type the name of the new folder;
- After you do that and you have that app inside that new folder, you can continue to drag and drop other icons.
Each of these two solutions on how to create a folder for the iPhone X/iPhone 10 are equally effective. Use them as you want!